Sunday, September 2, 2012

I'm how heavy?!

Around 2 weeks ago my family and I were doing our usual Monday ritual.  Wash clothes and shop for groceries.  Our usual spots are Walmart, Costco and Safeway.  Safeway and Costco to shop and Walmart to look at the things we can't afford yet.  While window shopping there was a scale on the floor, which enticed me to check how fat I had gotten.  When I stepped on that scale and the numbers popped up I thought to myself, "I knew I was fat but I'm that fat?".  I actually thought I was maybe 230 lbs but shockingly after weighing myself 3 times, I'm 250 lbs.  Now for some people that may seem like an okay weight but if you consider that I'm 5'8", which means my natural weight should be 175 -180 lbs, I'm overweight and due for some exercise.

5'8" 250 lbs

As I thought about it more, I wondered "Who am I heavier then?" Here are some of the names I came up with.

I'm heavier then Junior Dos Santos, the heavy weight champion of the UFC.  If I was fighting in the UFC I'd be in the Heavy Weight Divison and going up against the likes of Frank Mir, and Brock Lesnar.  Needless to say, I don't belong with those giants.


Junior Dos Santos 6'4" 236 lbs
Brock Lesnar 6'3" 266 lbs

Frank Mir 6'3" 259 lbs

I'm also the size of the average NFL linebacker like Ray Lewis, Brain Urlacher and Clay Matthews.  I can promise you that I don't look like any of those dudes.  

Ray Lewis  6'1" 250 lbs




Clay Matthews  6'3" 255 lbs



Brian Urlacher  6'4" 258 lbs

End of story, I need to pray for another growth spurt or stop eating like a linebacker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment