Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Little Inspiration

Several weeks ago I decided to jump back on the horse and start exercising again.  Hoping to find success, I've decided to set an achievable short-term goal.  Five days out of the week, I need to exercise for at least 30 minutes.  What makes up an exercise?

1.  P90X
2.  Jogging
3.  Walking with my family through the park while pushing my daughter in her stroller.
4.  Swimming at the beach.
5.  Running around in the backyard with my daughter.

Exercise is pretty much anything that gets my butt off the couch.  So far I've done okay and seen some results.  My "Uncle Belly" is shrinking and I don't have to hold my breath when I tie my shoes.  However, there are still days that I feel like being lazy and when I do, I try to imagine my daughter.  Do I want to see her grow up and have a family of her own?  Do I want to be an active father or an out of breath daddy?  Do I want my grandchildren to see me able bodied?  These and many other questions flash through my head as I struggle with my weight.

My baby girl has been a great inspiration to me and at times has coached me to push harder.  Believe it or not, she enjoys doing P90X with me.  She tries to do push ups (Only 2 years and 4 months old) and usually can do a few on her knees.

One day, I was laying on my stomach, exhausted and out of breath.  My little inspiration looked up at the tv and realized it wasn't time to stop and so she proceeded to yank me up and tell me "Get up daddy.  Get up."  Looking into her sweet eyes, I smiled and gave it one more push.  Burning out my arms, I lay on the ground a few more seconds and smiled.  I had done more then I thought I could.  Thanks to my little inspiration.  

This is a short clip of a push up session my daughter and I had together.  Just in case you didn't believe me.    

            

No comments:

Post a Comment