Saturday, September 15, 2012

Who Said TV Isn't Good For You

 
While washing some poi (her favorite food) off my daughter's hands and face I was proudly shocked.  In awe, I watched as she scrubbed her little hands and up toward her elbow.

"I didn't teach her that."

When her mommy came home I asked if she had and surprisingly, she didn't.  After a thoughtful moment it dawned on me, "Elmo".  One of my daughter's favorite shows this past year has been "Elmo Potty".  She can watch it again and again until my ears begin to bleed.  In one of the scenes they go through the hand washing process with a catchy song and what do you know, they wash their hands up to their elbows. 

Here is a You Tube clip from, "Elmo Potty Time".


There you go.  "Thanks Elmo."  Thank you for teaching my baby girl proper hygiene because to be honest, I don't wash up to my elbows.  Now if it could actually motivate her to use the potty it would be a perfect world.   


No comments:

Post a Comment