Monday, November 19, 2012

Thank You Grandma

Just been watching inspirational videos since Iʻve moved to the Big Island. Hoping to be inspired, I came across this youtube video:  




I teared up while watching the video and appreciated all the things my grandma has been for me.  Now unlike the person in the video, Iʻve told my grandmother how much I appreciate her.  But watching his heart felt words made me want to shout to the world how much of an impact my grandmother has been in my life.  

1.  Sheʻs been an ear when I felt like no one was listening. 

2.  She taught me to say "thank you" and "please".  You may not know it but find people with manners isnʻt common.  

3.  She showed me love when I felt like no one in the world cared.  

4.  She went to all my baseball and football games.  It was nice to see someone support me no matter if I sucked or not.  

5.  She read me bible stories and taught me how to pray.  

6.  She drove me to my practices.  

7.  She taught me how to drive.  I tried to learn from my parents and grandpa but they were a little too scary for me.  

8.  She took care of me when I was sick. 

9.  She shared with me stories of the old days that I will always cherish and plan to pass down to my children. 

10.  She told me I was a "GOOD PERSON".  

There are many more things I could write but itʻs safe to say, she was a wonderful grandmother/mother/friend/mentor to me.  



If you have anyone like my grandmother in your life, donʻt forget to tell them thank you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment