Friday, October 19, 2012

Unemployed No More



FINALLY!!!  

Were the words that popped into my head when I heard, "WE WANT TO OFFER YOU THE POSITION".  I couldn't say "yes" fast enough as I silently pumped my fist and did a touchdown dance.  



In my daughter's words, "I did it!"  I had finally done it.  Broken through and gotten the job I had wanted for the past year.  After filling out 50 or more applications to Universities (BYU and all the universities in Hawaii) and Kamehameha.  After countless interviews over the phone and Skype.  After several near misses that had me thinking I had gotten the job.  After nearly giving up on my dream to be a counselor/adviser at a university.  I was blessed to land a position that not only provides for my family but gives me the experience necessary for my long-term goals (Ph.D.).  

All I can say is, "Thank you".  Thanks to my family who supported me through this hard economic time.  Thanks to my grandmother and my in-laws who were kind of enough to open their homes to lessen the financial burden.  Thanks to the friends who kept an eye out for me.  Thanks to those who wrote all my letters of recommendation.  Thanks to the members of my faith who supported me through service and words of wisdom.  And finally, thanks to my Heavenly Father who never forgot about me.

What else can I say?  I'm blessed and hope that my children and others forge through the nay Sayers and the doubts to capture their dreams.  It wasn't easy and I'm not done yet but one of my dreams have come true.  So hope for a better future and fight for it.  Even though you will get beat up through the process I promise that when you score that touchdown it'll be all worth it            

No comments:

Post a Comment